Friday, May 19, 2023

The Cover is Here!



There's nothing like a new book cover!

Here's the sneak peak of the cover for my memoir, Life at Daniel's Place. The graphic designer worked with what I provided for the front of my cover using the pinwheel photo I took one day at the cemetery. I needed the spine and back copy to be created and he came up with what you see above.

Once my editor is finished with her work, I'll revisit my memoir and make the necessary corrections. Soon after that, Life at Daniel's Place will be ready to preorder!

So what is this memoir about? Here's the back blurb:

At first, Alice wants to run from the cemetery because it symbolizes that Daniel, her four-year-old son, is gone. Being at the grave fills her with shame, guilt, and doubt. Gradually, thanks to geese, picnics, helium balloons, and epitaphs, the cemetery, named Daniel’s Place by Alice’s family, becomes a haven of discovery and beauty. Life at Daniel’s Place is the story of a mother’s heart transformed from fear to certainty and confidence. Alice’s reflections remind us that even in trauma, a renewed faith in God is possible and welcomed.


And of course, this story gets its inspiration from this guy, my son, Daniel.

No comments: