Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Few Lines From a Few Reviews

I did a Google search and came up with some reviews of Rain Song
that make my heart grow warm and fuzzy. Thanks to all! I
am including a few lines from a few reviews.

~ Reviewed by Olivera Baumgartner-Jackson for Reader Views (11/08)

If I had to condense Alice J. Wisler’s “Rain Song” into one word only, it would actually be an easy task to accomplish. The first word that comes to mind after having read it is “exquisite.” Everything about it is truly lovely, starting from the beautiful cover and continuing through the sharp, yet delicate writing contained within.

**

~ By Heidi at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ReviewsbyHeidi/614496/?#c1264763

Alice J. Wisler definitely has a gift for writing. Her style is unique - interesting and fun to read in a voice all her own (which I think is unusual in today's Christian fiction market where so many books start to sound alike after awhile).

Her main character, Nicole, has an endearing personality. From the very first page, you find yourself cheering for her to overcome her fears and insecurities. I found myself reverting back to "cheerleader mode" - wanting to say "You can do it! 3 cheers for Nicole!" The supporting characters in the book are also very memorable - I love the choice of names and the extreme variety of personalities that are represented here. The end is satisfying. Though, I must admit, I find myself longing for book 2 - wonder if there's one in the works?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice reviews! I loved Rain Song, too. ~ Denise Krumpler