Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Interview with K. Dawn Bryd


1. I have always been fascinated by your name. Tell me about how you got the name K. Dawn Byrd.

K. Dawn Byrd is a pen name due to the fact that my employer wasn't entirely comfortable with my using my real name. I think my pen name is kind of catchy. I've been called everything from Kay to Karen to you name it.

2. What do you enjoy most about writing?

I love, love, love to plot! It's the best part as far as I'm concerned. I plot heavily before beginning a new novel, but I do allow my characters the freedom to take a life of their own. That's when things get really exciting!

3. What is the most humbling aspect of being an author?

I'm totally humbled by all the work that goes into marketing. Prior to a new release, I'll spend days just filling out blog interviews.

4. What inspired you to write your recent book, Killing Time?

I've always been an avid reader and planned to write a book one day. When I began work as a counselor in a jail, I thought that would be a neat setting for the book. I began to jot down notes about the environment such as sights, sounds, and smells. Before I knew it, my heroine had formed in my mind, begging me to tell her story.

5. Summer is a great time for a break from the routine. Where do you like to vacation best, and why?

I enjoy the beach and go at least once a year, sometimes twice. Since I live in the mountains, it's nice to escape to a new environment for a while. However, I'm always glad to return to the mountains when vacation is over.

Thanks, K. Dawn, for the interview!

Read more about K. Dawn Bryd and order Killing Time today!

Queen of Hearts (April 2010) & Killing Time (August 2010)
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-template/KDawnByrd/Page.bok
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/kdawnbyrd#p/a/u/0/grqPjGvfRa0
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ncljBid61g
BLOG: http://kdawnbyrd.blogspot.com

3 comments:

K. Dawn Byrd said...

Thanks for hosting me, Alice!

Alice. J. Wisler said...

You are welcome! :-)

Tina said...

I love this interview. Thank you for sharing a new voice with us! At least she is new to me. :-)