Monday, November 1, 2010

The Famous Bailey House Lemon Cookies





You have to try these lemon cookies. Yes, they are famous! In my novel, Hatteras Girl, Jackie and Minnie need the recipe for the famous Bailey House Lemon Cookies, and when they find it, they know that they can carry on the cookie tradition at the bed and breakfast in Nags Head, North Carolina.

At a recent craft fair, I sold these cookies and received many wonderful comments.

Enjoy making these cookies today! Easy to make, and so yummy! The recipe is from the back of the novel. If your eyes are like mine, you'll need to click on the photo of the recipe to enlarge so it is readable.

Happy baking!

3 comments:

Tina F said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing. :-)

The Great Adventure said...

I really enjoyed the book and LOVE the recipe! I just made some tonight, for the second time, and my little son kept coming in the kitchen going...cookie, cookie! He just gobbled them up! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I was so excited to see it at the end of the book!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to try these. We love the outter banks and enjoyed your book...love happy endings.