Thursday, September 20, 2012

Night Stories: Book Review

Do you ever wonder about your dreams and what they mean?

Do you believe that God might be using your dreams as a way of reminding you of His truths?

Kimberley Payne's booklet (it is short, so I'm naming it a booklet), Night Stories, deals with some of her dreams and the interpretations she gives them.

Here's one example:

My parents’ home served as the setting of this dream. I attempted to enter their house through the front door but found the frame and door handle covered with thousands of creepy bugs and swarming bees. I dashed in through a cloud of yellow jackets and bumblebees. I rushed to the bathroom frantically checking my clothes to make sure bees didn’t get under any layers. I cried out as I felt a sting to the right side of my nose. I swatted the bee away and looked at my face in the mirror.




Just then, I heard a voice in my mind that sounded clear and strong, “You don’t know what you’re getting into.” I knew that the ominous voice referred to my attempts at righting a wrong and facing up against an enemy – a definite threat and warning to me.
Still busy swatting away the pesky bees I said out loud, “You’re right. I don’t.” However, my response did not come from fear but rather it remained a childlike statement. I thought it obvious that I didn’t know what I was getting into but that didn’t bother me because I felt that it wasn’t my battle. It belonged to God. I allowed God to use me and work through me to face this enemy. Although I would’ve felt fear and threatened from the enemy if I intended to go up against him on my own, I didn’t plan to. It wasn’t my fight. I prayed to God and let Him do the battle.


This dream reminded me of the story of David and Goliath. All other men were afraid to fight the giant because they were relying on their own strength. They knew they were not as strong as him and they knew they would perish if they even tried. But, David relied on God’s strength when he went into battle. He believed that he served as God’s instrument and put the outcome of the battle in God’s hands. David placed his confidence solely in God’s power. We can too.

All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give all of you into our hands (1 Samuel 17: 47 NIV.)

Reading the above and other chapters, made me think more about my own dreams and what they mean. And I always enjoy a book that makes me think.

Pick up a copy of Night Stories at Smashwords today.

No comments: