Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Where Memories Live: Memories Around the Table: Treasured Recipes

"Recall as often as you wish, a happy memory never wears out." ~ Libbie Fudim

I am putting the finishing touches on my third cookbook of memories, Memories Around the Table. This is an exciting time!

Many have submitted recipes and memories for my book and I am beyond grateful. This cookbook, like my others, will hold the wonderful memories of those we can no longer share a meal with. But the memories make us smile and when we remember, we are grateful that each person who is no longer with us, is still part of our heartfelt memories. As Thomas Campbell said, "To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die."

I must admit that I do get hungry as I read about cakes, cookies, breads and meats. I keep a tissue nearby; these remembrances connected with the recipes grab at my bereaved mother's heart.

I will continue to post updates here about my cookbook as it goes through the production stages. It heads to the printer on Friday.

Thanks to all who have made donations in memory of their loved ones for the project. You are much appreciated!

Stay tuned!

No comments: