Monday, September 9, 2013

Cooking with Author Lorilyn Roberts!



Who doesn't love reading a cookbook? From the time I was a little girl, I enjoyed looking at my mother's cookbooks with all the colorful pictures of recipes. The afternoons spent turning the pages and reading recipes were magical. My love of cooking started with those early days.

Food for Thought: Simple and Easy Recipes for Homeschooling Families by Lorilyn Roberts is a cookbook with tasty recipes. As the title indicates, the dishes are simple and easy to prepare. From the section, "Easy Meals for Young Cooks", one of my favorites is Sweet And Sour Edamame Salad. I am a big fan of edamame (must be my Japanese upbringing). I also made the chocolate chip cupcakes and for an extra kick, added butterscotch morsels to the batter in addition to the chocolate chips.



Each recipe comes with an encouraging quote or verse from the Bible and a photo of the prepared dish. As author Lorilyn says, "My hope is for homeschooling families to make fond memories in the kitchen that will be remembered long after the food is eaten. The best recipe of all is love from the heart wrapped in prayer."


Get your copy of Food For Thought today!

~ Alice J. Wisler has published three cookbooks in memory of loved ones---Slices of Sunlight, Down the Cereal Aisle and Memories Around the Table.

No comments: