Sunday, September 1, 2013

Guest Post: Author Malo Bel



Today I welcome Malo Bel to the Patchwork Quilt blog.

His new book, Four Given has been released. Here's what Malo has to say about it:

The mystery of Godliness and life eternal are hidden in the most sacred place of all, in the holy letters that define God. A mystery so divine, so life-changing, so real it is embedded in the essence of every human being. A mystery that charts a divine path to God, a journey that once undertaken will bring you to a place called Eternity.

Join me as I share my journey, as I am led by Him on His path. This is the mystery of Godliness and life eternal, and I never would have seen it had he not opened my eyes. Take the step of faith and your eyes will be opened to see "inexpressible things". Take the step of faith and discover life eternal today. Take the step of faith and discover the beauty of this divine path hidden right before you. Take the step of faith and you will never be the same again. I did and that is why I must tell my story.

It is a journey, a pathway encoded in the very name of God that I was stunned to see. It begins with a single and smallest Hebrew letter Yod, which means the open hand. Anyone wanting to begin this journey must begin by opening their hand - by giving. It’s what Jesus did in the greatest way possible, by giving his life for us.
And so to be true to this divine journey I will be giving away 50% of all my book sales during the launch to a charity (Community Outreach Programme Trust) that works in Africa. They work with disadvantaged people and especially the disabled, children and orphans. I thank you for your help to help me help them.


When asked, "What advice would you give to a beginning writer?", Malo says:

Write passionately – Edit precisely – Market persistently.

Start with passion. Write what is in your heart. Don’t overthink it. Of course you need to plan, to some extent, but let the story write you. I believe this is really true when we write for our Lord. We can open to him and let him direct us. It’s so exciting to see what will happen next as the chapters unfold. I was as much surprised by the twists in my story as you will be, and I was right there as it was happening. Amazing. Then edit and edit and edit. Did I say “edit”? There is nothing worse than a book that is full of editing errors. We are all human and these errors are always there. However, while one or two grammar errors will be overlooked, a book full of bad grammar – no matter how good the story – will be seen as unprofessional and will not succeed.

And then the hardest part of all – marketing. Here is the true test of an author. This is the test of whether you really love what you are doing. It may take you 6 months, a year, two years to write your book. Marketing will take 2, 3, 5, 10 years. On and on it goes. Something I have learned from running – if you don’t enjoy it, if you are not motivated, you will never continue to put one foot in front of another when you hit 7 hours, 9 hours, 11 hours…and still you have not reached the end. However if you love God, if you love sharing his message, it will seem “as a few days” because you will be doing what you love, as you blog, share, post, tweet, and do whatever is needed. It’s just awesome to tell your story, wherever you can, to whoever will listen.

"What book are you currently marketing?" I asked Malo.

He replied with: My book Four Given is the first part of a beautiful journey to bring us to life eternal. A life beyond comprehension, a life accessible now. I have already been blessed with a glimpse at three other books that could follow this one. However while the seeds of each of these are in my head, at the moment I have not started them. I am enjoying Four Given, rejoicing in the gift of those I am connecting with online. And so I am currently continuing my desire to write though my blogs and also sharing the message of God through my new micro-message ministry, 10 second videos. It’s all so exciting; I just wish I had more hours in the day.

"How can readers find you on the Internet?"

As one of my T’s is technology, I love connecting with people online and would love to share my story with anyone who loves to hear it. I can be found in the following places:

Website – www.malobel.com
Blog – www.malobel.com/blog - Would love you to subscribe
YouTube – www.youtube.com/4giventv - See my book trailers and the micro message ministry
Twitter – www.twitter.com/malo_bel
Google+ - http://bit.ly/malobel

Check below for the websites where you can order a copy of Four Given.

Links to Purchase Four Given
Amazon ebook - http://bit.ly/inGod (ASIN: B00BU3XV3O)
Amazon paperback - http://bit.ly/4-given
Smashwords – http://bit.ly/get-4given
Lulu – http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/malobel

No comments: