Thursday, May 2, 2019

Patchwork or a Winding Road




I started this blog back in 2005 so I could have something to do before my first novel, Rain Song, came out. Waiting for a book to be published, especially your first one by a traditional publisher, can make you feel restless and happy and a little bit uncertain. I named the blog The Patchwork Quilt, and although I have never sewed a quilt, I know many fine people who have. Metaphorically I also know a lot about things that are pieced together.

On this blog, I have done what many authors do----written about my novels and the journey of writing. I've featured other writers and had segments called Cooking with Authors. That's been fun. I've also posted photos and articles about grief and loss. Daniel, who died in 1997, has been a big part of my inspiration.  Then there have been posts on the writing workshops I facilitate and how to attend those. And I've included photos and thoughts about Carl and my wood-engraving business, Carved By Heart.

So this blog does portray a lot of this and a little of that, very patchworky.

Or perhaps it might feel to some like a winding desert road.

But you are with me as we wander or piece bits together. And for that, I am thankful.

So here is to you, my readers. Keep being part of my uncertain and colorful journey.

No comments: