Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Cooking with Author Han Gibson!





Welcome to the Patchwork Quilt!

Thanks, Han, for joining us here and for sharing a recipe and your books.

Han Gibson: I was actually surprised not to have to go and think about which recipe to share. My ultimate dish is a childhood favourite and traditional coconut milk tart / pudding I adjusted to suit a busy family.

Makes 4-5 standard tarts.

Crust:  4-5 packets of coconut shortbread biscuits. Crumble and add a bit of coconut oil or butter until it makes a dough. Press out thinly into tart dishes and normal bake until golden brown or crispy.



Filling: In a large, heavy bottomed pot, place 2 cups brown sugar (or less to taste), one and a half litres of milk and 8oz (226gr) of butter. Bring to the boil over a high heat stirring continuously. While waiting to boil, blend 3/4 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of corn starch with a bit of milk or water. Add 4 large, beaten eggs to the flour mix and add to the pot when contents tart to boil. Put on low heat and keep on beating the filling to avoid lumps. Boil for 4-5 minutes or until the taste of the flour is no longer evident. Add 5ml of vanilla essence or real vanilla. When the mixture is stiffening, pour out into the cooled crusts. 

Allow to cool. Sprinkle cinnamon powder over cooled tarts and refrigerate until cold.

Devour everything in one sitting.  

Alice:  I think I will devour in one sitting. This Milk Tart has so many of my favorite flavors---shortbread, brown sugar, vanilla, and that creamy custard.

Tell us about yourself and your  books. You had a traumatic experience that led you to write an autobiography and then your fiction. How awful to have to go through the accident for you and your family!

Han Gibson: In 2004 I was caught up in a cooking oil explosion, sustaining third degree burns to 35% of my body including my face and both hands. I twice went into cardiac arrest and was resuscitated by the emergency personnel. It took quite a while for me to get back to functionality, with healing, physiotherapy and two small children to contend with (my baby was seven weeks old when the accident occurred.)

In 2008, after the scarring finally started to heal with the products my husband had developed for me, he gave me a laptop, encouraging me to stop saying that I would one day like to write a book and actually do it.

One book quickly became a 2-million-word series packed full of reading excitement.

After the autobiography about my near death experience, Living a Multidimensional Life, The Han Storm Saga continues to unfold.



The Chronicles of Han is loosely categorized by readers as real life past life adventures enhanced with metaphysical/paranormal undertones, a good dash of romance and a sprinkle of horror.

It was not my original intention for people to grow and heal through reading The Chronicles of Han. I started to write the books to heal myself. My husband and a host of fans cannot wait to read the rest of my re-tellings, finding them extremely exciting stories.

If you love Avatar, The Matrix, Dune, Stargate or Lord of the Rings, these books will suit you.

My books are not on Amazon. You will have to purchase directly from me. Some books are available for free on Smashwords.

You can contact Han Gibson at these social media places:
Facebook: @ChroniclesofHan


Alice: Thank you, for joining us, Han, and sharing here!





No comments: