Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Yeast Rolls for Dinner, Snack, Breakfast!
I have found an amazing recipe for yeast rolls!
I add a little rosemary and garlic powder and suggest you do, too.
1) In a mixing bowl, dissolve 2 teaspoons of yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water. Add 3/4 cup flour, 2 TS sugar and 1/2 ts salt. Beat two minutes at medium speed.
2) Heat 1/2 cup milk and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add to bowl with flour. Stir in 1/4 cup more flour. Mix for two minutes.
3) Stir in 1 cup of flour (or more) to form a soft dough. Mix 2 minutes.
4) Knead with hands or in mixing bowl for ten minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
5) Cover. Let dough rest for ten minutes.
6) Form into little balls and place in greased casserole pan.
7) Cover with damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts for 2 hours.
8) When doubled in size, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
9) Brush tops with melted butter.
9) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until rolls are slightly browned.
10) Serve hot with butter.